WebExPk Affordable Hosting

Monday, December 13, 2010

Work on Sarkai Well of Sui Gas in Tehsil Lachi immediately restarted: Mian > Iftikhar

PESHAWAR, Dec 13: With the personal efforts of the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Minister for Information, Transport, Culture and Inter-Provincial Coordination, Mian Iftikhar Hussain, work on the Sarkai Well of Suigas in Tehsil Lachi, District Kohat has immediately been restarted and the authorities concerned of the SNGPL, MOL and OGDCL have been directed to complete the said people welfare work within its stipulated period so as the people could get its fruits.

He issued these directives while chairing a high level meting regarding provision of gas to the villages of Kohat district and remove the hindrance in the way of gas projects here on Monday.

The meeting besides others, was also attended by Provincial Minister for Housing Amjad KhanAfridi, MNA Pir Dilawar Shah, MPA Dr. Iqbaluddin Fana, Commissioner Kohat Division Khalid Khan Umerzai, Deputy Managing Director SNGPL Imdad Hussain, Political Advisor MOL, Ali Murtaza, Regional Coordinator Mushfaq Paracha OGDCL, DCO Kohat Shahidullah Khan and Provincial General Secretary ANP Tajuddin.

The meeting was informed that the Sarkai Well would produce 40 MMCF daily and it would be connected to the Karak Plant through 12 gas pipelines. Gas from all the well would be provided to the villages situated within a radius of 5 KM of the gas well. It was further informed that 70% work on provision of gas to Lachi has been completed while for the remaining 30% work, the provincial government would take necessary steps very soon.

The provincial Information Minister on this occasion asked the authorities concerned not to initiate any project on its own without taking the district administration on board so that they could not face difficulties in the implementation process. He also asked the elected representatives to take the people's interest supreme and do not politicize the people welfare projects of the personal likes and dislikes. He added that they would set together for resolution of the problems.

Mian Iftikhar maintained that natural resources in the southern districts of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa was a gift form Allah, the Almighty and we should take full advantage of it. He also directed to start civil work of the gas projects in Sheikhan and Bazid Khel villages with the active participation of the elites of the area.

The Minister on this occasion also directed the convening of the authorities concerned immediately after the Muharamul Haram to ensure work on the gas projects besides provision of gas to the districts of Kohat, Karak and Hangu.

No comments:

Post a Comment